Our terms and conditions are extremely minimal and are an agreement made between you and our business, upon signing you are confirming that you agree to and have read / understood all what’s stated within. We do not wish to make any fines or charges, they are a last resort, most have been made due to problems in the past we do not want to happen again.
1) Deposit: A deposit of £30 must be paid at the same time as the first month, this will be returned to you when you leave. However if you default on any of these individually listed terms and conditions, the advertised and highlighted charges within will be deducted and if the deposit doesn’t cover the cost you will be invoiced in addition.
2) Identification: On or before the commencement of the contract please provide a copy of photographic ID, so a driving license if you drive or a passport if not, and one of either a utility / council tax bill or a mortgage statement. ID must be dated within 2 months and match the address on your driving license. There is no alternative to the whole ID process. Your documents will of course be securely stored and not redistributed at all.
3) Security: The security of your goods is your responsibility, we have live monitored and recorded CCTV on the site. A padlock will be provided for the lock box on the container which will carry a £30 ‘at cost’ charge if the lock is not returned upon your leaving. You are welcome and encouraged to use your own padlocks on the arm clasp(s), noting the RHS door always has to open first. Any provided container padlock keys you require in addition, no problem, they are charged at £3 per extra key (as a cutting / admin charge), then of course the same number of keys issued in total must be returned upon leaving.
4) Gates: The front and main self store gates have their own instructions, but in the event of temporary manual use, they must be locked on leaving (even if they was open on arrival). Unless you are certain there is someone else within the site which is usually Mon – Fri 7am to 4pm. This is especially important in darkness hours.
5) Insurance: We do not insure your contents within the containers in any way, natural disasters and acts of god will also not be covered unless taking out your own insurance, to which we can only advise upon.
6) Illegal / prohibited goods: As with any self storage company we don’t allow the storage of illegal goods, and should we find this be the case you will be asked to vacate the unit with no refund given for any balance left on your unit. Please do not store anything dead or alive, do not stick, fix, screw or tape, draw or use paint of any kind inside the unit, flammable or combustible gases or liquids must be sealed in the correct container. Any oil, chemical or paint spills will incur a minimum £30 to maximum £450 charge depending on the size of the spill & how many floor panels it has effected that will need replacing. If you must store the latterly listed liquids simply make sure all lids are secure and they sit inside a plastic tray. Machines such as lawnmowers with oil and fuel in must sit on a heavy duty dust sheet or even a couple of bin liners, we just want customers to respect the containers as they are all new units and must be ‘fresh’ for the following customer so as found condition is a must.
7) Ownership of goods: You must own or have legal rights to the goods.
8) Entry to unit: You will permit us entry in to your container if we are asked to do so by the emergency services, customs and excise or a court order. We will of course try contacting you immediately in this event via all the details you have provided us.
9) Payment default: After 2 calender days of non-payment there will be a fixed £20 fine (so owing from 00:01 on the 4th). In addition to due hire cost and a further 8% APR calculated per day late payment fee also from 00:01 on the 4th for every day late. If no payment is made by the 14th your mobile number(s) will be removed from the gate automation system(s) and your unit secured until the updated fee is paid. Shortly after this we are legally entitled to remove your goods to free up the unit.
10) Unit suitability: It is your obligation to make sure the container is suitable for your needs.
11) Contract length: The minimum term is 1 month, beyond that bills are 1st monthly, with a 7 day rolling notice period proceeding that (taken as same day before 10am), when given any remainder of the months upfront payment will be refunded.
12) Exiting your unit: On giving us your exit date a charge of £10 a day will be made for each day late we don’t get the keys back after you have cleared out your belongings as we can not rent the unit out until we do. It is your responsibility to arrange with us by a phone call or email either on the day you ‘check out’ or preferably the day before to hand the keys back. Then provided there are no issues as listed on this page to deduct we will return your deposit back in full via the bank details you provide us. You must completely empty your unit & if necessary have a sweep out but please no mop / water washing.
13) Payments: We don’t take card or deal in cash. Regular invoices will be sent at least 2 days before the 1st of the month acting in most cases more of a reminder and receipt. Standing orders must be the only form of payment and set-up for the 1st of the month please (or a day or two earlier is also fine), as late payments only cause ill feeling and a greater cost to the hirer.
14) Access times: The planning permission granted for the site is 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week (365 days a year) so please bear in mind when at the site as the gates will not open outside of these times.